LOVE IT'S NOT A BATTLEFIELD

 

 

 


 Related to the title of my post, I watched a movie yesterday where a girl tells another one ( a teenager) that  "Love is a Battlefield"...

I started thinking now as I was watching a tarot reader on a very well-known platform, telling people in a way that she/he needed to " give in" certain things to be with the other person. I disagree with that. I disagree with that because I believe that a relationship should be like what I call, an " exchange of energy".

Meaning, that either one of them can say, what their heart feels without having to experience judgment from the other. Unless..they want an opinion on something.That is valid in my book.

They should be free to say what they have in their heart, mind, or whatever knowing that the other person can read, interpret, and understand their feelings...

We go through life with different love relationships, although we want the first one to be the one forever.Life happens...you know...

In a romantic relationship or any other, but in this case, I am focusing on "the romantic" ones. I believe that neither one of them has to " hold on" to what they want to say, sharing without fear of being rejected, for who they are, what they believe, what they dream about, what they want to create, what they want to study, work, cook or whatever...It should be a free expression and understanding from the person, they love, respect, and sleep with at night time.


Freedom of speech goes a long way. Being judged by the one that is supposed to love you" forever."  "your sweetie pie"... your "sugar plum"...is not a good thing...

I wanted to share this as I hear " commonly" in my field of work that either one of them is always doing the " whole work" dating or being married/or not...that one gives all the time, and the other takes all the time. No...no baby no...No my "sugar plum"...It doesn't work that way...

I am not making things happen for you all the time .I am not being criticized for what I believe, do, or dream about, the way I cook, dress, or any other thing.

If you don't like the "Vickie's Secret" lingerie that I am wearing tell me now, so I can return it and I can get my money back...sorry they didn't have it in black, so I got the red one...? Sorry Sugar Plum ...

Suggestions are always welcome, but holding on to feelings leads to arguments, arguments that when they happen, are not pleasant. Is there anywhere where people should understand that holding on to feelings leads to fights?

 Why get there, that way?  Why not share your feelings freely and respectfully with one another, talking and sharing, you can add a glass of wine or a beer if you wish... And avoid resentment, anger, frustration, sadness, tears, going to bed at night and looking at the wall, instead of hugging, kissing, or else...

That is the question I have, is this possible?

My two cents.

Aglaḯa

image credit to:  Maksim Goncharenok


 

Comments

Popular Posts