A Window Among The Stars

 



Una Finestra Tra Le Stelle/ A Window Among the Stars 

This is a very personal story.

My father was Italian, he went from Italy to Argentina, my country in 1947- After WW2.

Met my mother, fell in love, and made love. Results?... Me.

I never met him as he left my mother and me when I was born. the details why? It's being said that he left with my mother's " best" friend. We leave it there.

I knew from comments that my grandfather( his dad) was a very good singer, and loved music, and when he was shaving in the bathroom in Italy, lots of people were standing outside listening. 

When he was done shaving, stopped singing and all the people outside were clapping.

 I have inherited I believe from my grandpa...the love, the ear, and the voice for singing.( I don't know about dancing, because I love to dance as well)

 Today I decided to go back to Spotify and look at my favorite songs of the Italian singers( there are two that I like)

I started singing along with the music and in a moment, I said " Nonno ( grandpa) Carletti...I wish we could be singing together but you are not here, in this world anymore...you know I love music and I think I got that from you...

For the love of God, I heard the following:

" è un regalo per te ..."(Is a gift for you) immediately I started crying like crazy...

Now that I am feeling a little better, I went to look for the song's lyrics translation,

The name of the song is: "A Window Among The Stars" to me...it's much of a coincidence ...the title of the song ( that I didn't know) and the message. received.

Grazie Nonno io ti amo !

Thank you, Grandpa, I love you!

Aglaḯa

image credit:Pinterest


Comments

Popular Posts